Well, I'm finally back from the dead, so to speak. This summer has been absolutely crazy, bewildering, befuddling, bemusing, INSANE!!! I'm so glad school has started back up again so that things can calm down (I hope). So far it doesn't look too promising. In the last week alone I've managed to injure my back (which put me out of commission for 2 full days and slowed me WAY down for the rest of them), can 4 boxes of peaches (Tyler gets credit for canning 2 of them!), go to the Chiropractor every day and more or less keep up with household duties. Daddy spent 3 days here installing a new fence in our back yard (it is so PRETTY!!!), Katherine sprained her foot and missed a day of school and Tyler missed a day of work to nurse us all back to health. No...definitely not propitious....
I have to fight the nearly overwhelming urge to write in detail about everything I have done this summer so we'll all be caught up, but I know it would only put you to sleep and give me writer's cramp (sort of). So, I will resist the urge and just relate an amusing anecdote before I sign off.
The other night we were eating dinner together and (for some odd reason) discussing hairlines. It was noted that Katherine and Lida both have Tyler's hairline - a rather unfortunate inheritance for a girl, I'm afraid. And it was decided that Andrew's hairline is more like mine. He looked at me with great concern and asked - in reference to my Widow's Peak - if he had one of those pointy Vampire things too.
When I was finished being insulted, I informed him that, No, he did NOT have a "pointy Vampire thing."
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad you are feeling better! It was such a crazy summer, wasn't it? I can't decide if I'm glad its over or not. Life still seems crazy, we're just not together as much.
What a great comment from Andrew. It is always so fun listening to what kids are thinking.
Hope things smooth out for a little while. I totally hear you! And I love the anecdote. Reminds me of when I was pregnant with Caleb, and Hannah told me, "Please move your big hips, Mommy." Nice. :D
Post a Comment